G’Day Mike and Helen.
Trust that your weekend was a good one.
Okay, as promised, I have installed the theme and undertook some testing on a live domain at A2 Hosting, with the following comments.
1. Naturally, the theme and its Child theme install without issues.
2. Was able to install the dummy content without any issues – love the quirky comments that appear while the content is loading!
Three suggestions for the documentation
1. Remind clients that if they are installing the dummy content they will also need to import the Revolution Slider demo content.
2. Also remind clients that after installing the dummy content they will need to assign menus to the main and footer areas.
3. When installing all Plugins that come with the theme insure that no other cachinbg Plugins are installed/activated (see comments below).
Now an issue that I found.
After installing the dummy content and assigning the menu’s etc., i found when checking the website that the menu was not displaying correcting – see attached screen shot of the top from a browser.
And when clicking on these items I was not taken to the individual pages/areas.
I also checked how the demo was supposed to look on Mojo-Themes and it is appearing the same.
I have viewed the test website and Mojo-Themes in different browsers and on two different PCs with the same result.
And I also checked the test website and Mojo-Themes on my Samsung phone with, again, the same results.
After getting the above results I also installed the theme and the dummy content on my localServer using DesktopServer with the same results.
The live URL is at: http://aussiesportsman.com
A point about the caching plugin mentioned above.
I’ve recently been using A2 Hosting and when you use their auto install of WordPress they include some optimized options which included W3 Total Cache.
Let me know what you find about the menu issues.
I can send you a log in to the WP Dashboard by PM if you wish.
Can you make me a admin account so I can have a look at the menu, never seen this so weird.
at #72891Helen (staff)Keymaster
Regarding to Mike’s comment.
You don’t need to create an account, since the issue is caused on our hand.
We’ll update FIFTH today, and you”ll receive a new copy in your account.
Thank you very much for testing, and pointing us to the issue right away.
Helen and Mike
Helen and Mike.
G’Day again and thanks for the email replies.
Always happy to road test your great themes and provide feedback.
Yes, it was a weird issue obviously with the menu and I thought it was just me until I saw it on the Demo at Mojo-Themes.
When the updated version is available I’ll give that a whirl as well.
Have a great week.
No this time it was all me 🙂
Wrong update file was uploaded, but anyway all is fixed it’s still version 1,0,2.
I have updated your file, sop you can download it from your account.
G’Day again and thanks.
I’ll download the update and give it a whirl later today, all being well and let you know.
Have a great day.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.